Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book Review: Every Girl's Guide to Heartache

Every Girl's Guide to HeartacheI got a copy of this book way back when I was in second year college. I bought it for some Language subject requirement. And also for the reason that during those times, I was dealing up with my very own breakup. And I just knew deep inside that this was the perfect book.

After that incident wherein I discussed the book in front of the class, my friends loved it too and they kept borrowing the book and I suddenly just lost track of where it is. Been checking bookstores every now and then but can't find a copy anymore. And just today, when my friend and I was looking for something to buy at Bestsellers, I FOUND the book, again, FINALLY! I didn't think twice, and ofcourse, I bought it right away. The only difference is that I'm not heartbroken anymore. I really just wanted to have a compilation of books that I really love.

This book is all about coping up with heartbreak, letting go, forgiving and giving second chances. This suited me way way back when I was heartbroken. It made me realize that everything takes time. That there's no need to rush in life because someday, everything will just fall into place, exactly as it should be. I learned that there will always be that person who will love you for who you are even if you seem to have much more flaws than positive vibes in your body.

As usual, here are my favorite lines from the book:

“I would have done anything for him. But these days, I don't want to do anything. I don't want to get drunk or go to a wild party or make out with random boys-not that I've ever wanted to. I don't want to watch chick flicks or eat ice cream or get a haircut or buy out half of the mall. I don't want cold, cruel revenge. I don't want to see him suffer when karma catches up with him and kick his ass. I don't even want to talk to him right now, simply because it would be awkward and pathetic and I wouldn't know what to say to him. Yes, there is self-control, preventing me from being stupid and acting like a desperate doofus in the manner most heartbroken people do. But there is also a weary numbness threatening to consume every inch of me: Isn't there a way for me to skip straight to the part where I'm fine again?”  

-----------------------------

“Sometimes, people just stop wanting to be with you, plain and simple. It happens. And it's always best to just leave it at that. It's always best to just let it all go.” 

-----------------------------

"It feels like years and years ago, and yet strangely, at this moment, it still feels like home."

-----------------------------

Not quite sure but the word "someday" has been my favorite word in this book. It pertains to a lot of things. It's like stating that someday, when Jaime and Ana are totally healed, they could probably be friends again. Someday, when pain is gone and once Miguel and Ana are ready, maybe they could actually give it a try into finding love gain. But there really isc just no rush. Beause everything will be falling into place if it's destined to be. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment