Monday, August 20, 2012

Book Review: 50 Shades of Grey

Everyone's been going crazy about 50 Shades of Grey. Others told me that this is an erotic novel and these kind of novels were never my interest. I always go for true love-happily ever after kind of novels. Yah right, a hopeless romantic here indeed. :)

But because I have so many downtime hours at work, and I got nothing else left to do, and I have a PDF files of the trilogy of 50 shades of grey, I gave it a try. I mean, what do I have to lose right? :) And I guess I absolutely made the right decision to read it.

The book is FABULOUS. My friends couldn't even believe I was reading it because they know that I am more of a conservative kind of girl. But I really just can't help it. I didn't really focus much on the sex scenes though it was really detailed and disturbing! It even haunts me in my dreams. And believe it or not, I daydream of Christian Grey!

It has always been my attitude to highlight phrases that I like in a certain book. And here are my favorites form 50 Shades of Grey:

 “Don’t leave me,” he whispers.
“Oh, for crying out loud—no! I am not going to go!” I shout and it’s cathartic. There, I’ve said it. I am not leaving.
“Really?” His eyes widen.
“What can I do to make you understand I will not run? What can I say?”
He gazes at me, revealing his fear and anguish again. He swallows. “There is one thing you can do.”
“What?” I snap.
“Marry me,” he whispers.”

--------------------------------


“You wanted hearts and flowers,” he murmurs.
I blink at him, not quite believing what I’m seeing.
“You have my heart.” And he waves toward the room.
“And here are the flowers,” I whisper, completing his sentence. “Christian, it’s lovely.”

---------------------------------

“No. No!” he says.
“I . . .” He looks wildly around the room. For inspiration? For divine intervention? I don’t know.

“You can’t go. Ana, I love you!”
“I love you, too, Christian, it’s just—”
“No . . . no!” he says in desperation and puts both hands on his head. “Christian . . .”
“No,” he breathes, his eyes wide with panic, and suddenly he drops to his knees in front of me, head bowed, long-fingered hands spread out on his thighs. He takes a deep breath and doesn’t move. What?
“Christian, what are you doing?”
He continues to stare down, not looking at me.
“Christian! What are you doing?”
My voice is high-pitched. He doesn’t move.
“Christian, look at me!” I command in panic. His head sweeps up without hesitation, and he regards me passively with his cool gray gaze—he’s almost serene . . . expectant.
Holy Fuck . . . Christian. The submissive.”

---------------------------------

“You’re the only person I’d fly three thousand miles to see.”

---------------------------------

“I was waiting for you," he says softly, his eyes dark gray and luminous.
"That's... that's such a lovely thing to say."
"It's true. I didn't know it at the time." He smiles his shy smile.
"I'm glad you waited."
"You are worth waiting for, Mrs. Grey.”

---------------------------------

 “Don't run, please-have a little faith in me and a little patience. Please.”

---------------------------------

 “You're my lifeline," he whispers, and he kisses my knuckles before pressing my palm against his.”

---------------------------------

I actually have a lot saved in my documents but that's it for now. I actually love reading it every now and then. It gives me a different kind of happiness and kilig. *blush* Though I know that the characters are just fiction, but I am truly amazed with the kind of imagination that E. L James is possessing.Can't wait for the movie and I'm so excited about it! Can't wait to watch 50 shades in theatre.

I really did love the novel.  I actually consider myself as "greysessed". Well FYI, it's a word used to describe those who are addict on 50 Shades of Grey. :) I guess this is going to be my favorite of all time!



No comments:

Post a Comment